Part time Tuition & Revision courses – Terms & Conditions
1. The Institute of Education (the School) provides part time tuition and
intensive revision courses (the Courses) to students who are preparing for
the Leaving Certificate, Junior Certificate and are in full-time second level
education (the Student). For courses designed for mature students (ex “Irish for
Primary School Teaching”) students do not necessarily have to be in full-time
second level education.
2. The School provides a caring and supportive environment that facilitates and
encourages learning and development. All staff, Students and their parents /
guardians must behave in a manner that is respectful, courteous and fair at
3. The School reserves the right to decline an enrolment from any student. The
School reserves the right to withdraw its services from a Student for any
breach of discipline, the definition of which is at the sole discretion of the
4. The Course details (as found on www.instituteofeducation.ie) outline the
content and objectives of the Course. The Student is responsible for
determining that the course enrolled on is appropriate for their needs. Views
or opinions expressed by teachers during the course are entirely their own.
The School does not accept liability for advice given or views expressed by
teachers or in any notes or documentation provided to Students.
5. The School reserves the right to amend the Course detail, including the
course structure & content, venue and staff.
6. In the unlikely event that a Course is cancelled all fees will be refunded.
7. Students may not attend classes that they are not timetabled for. If a
student is found attending classes for which they are not timetabled, they
will be excluded from the Course and all future Courses
8. Students may change their classes and times, at the discretion of the school
and subject to availability. There is a €20 administration fee for students
changing their timetables on our part time tuition courses.
9. Students are only entitled to notes for classes for which they are enrolled.
10. All contact information provided by the Student (including parent / guardian
contact details) during the enrolment process; online, over the phone or in
person, may be used for marketing communications regarding other course
and offers. Students may request that they do not receive information about
other courses, by contacting our office.
11. The School accepts no liability for loss or damage to the Student’s property.
12. All notes and associated material distributed by the School as part of the
Courses, remain the property of the School. Students may not copy,
distribute, extract or reuse any part of the information provided, for any
purpose, other than their personal preparation & study of the subject matter
covered in the notes.
13. Students may not commence the Course they are enrolled on until the
appropriate fee is paid. If in the unlikely event that there is a Course fee
overdue, the fee must be paid within 5 days of this issue being brought to the
attention of the student and / or their guardian. In the event that overdue
fees are not paid, the School will not permit the student to attend the Course.
14. If a student is unable to attend their enrolled Course, the Student (or their
Parent / Guardian) must inform the School, in writing, in advance of the
course commencing. In these circumstances a Credit Note may be granted,
at the discretion of the Management. Any Credit Note, if granted, will reflect
the fee(s) paid for the Course at the time of purchase.
If a student commences a Course, and thereafter does not attend, the School
will not provide a refund or Credit Note for classes not attended.
15. In the event that a student is unable to attend for medical reasons
(supported by medical documentation) the school may consider a refund.
Decision to grant a refund will be at the sole discretion of the Management.
A 10% administration charge will be applied for processing. Refund requests
will not be considered in any other circumstances.
16. These Terms and Conditions will be governed in accordance with Irish law.