Our 4th year students recently completed a first aid course here in the school. The qualification, entitled ‘Life Support 3 with First Aid’, included learning basic skills to assist in case of an emergency or accident.
The syllabus included:
– Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation on an Adult, Child and an Infant under 1 year of age.
– Action for Vomiting, and the Recovery position.
– The use of the Automated External Defibrillator
– Bleeding – types of bleeding, and the treatment of a bleed
– Shock – types of shock, and the treatment of shock
– Fainting – Full Faint Treatment
– Diabetes – types of Diabetes, and the treatment of Diabetes
– Epilepsy – Treatment for Epilepsy
– Meningitis – Signs and Symptoms, and treatment for Meningitis.
– Bandages and their application to wounds etc.
Well done to everyone who completed the course- we hope it will be a useful addition to everyone’s CV and that all students will have learnt some very valuable first aid skills.
April 30, 2018 | Tags: 4th Year,Extracurricular,First Aid Course, | 0 Comments
February 14, 2019 | 0 Comments
Tags: Brian Gregan,Health and Fitness,Mental health awareness,